Tuesday, January 2, 2018

What I Am Excited About For 2018


Happy New Year everyone! With the start of a new year comes a lot of things to look forward to. Many of those are upcoming book and movie releases. I have shared which 2018 books are on the top of my must read list so I thought I would also share what else I am excited about that will release in 2018.

MOVIES

Avengers: Infinity War


It should be no surprise to anyone following this blog that Avengers: Infinity War is on the list. I am excited to see what Marvel has been building up to since Iron Man was released in 2008. If the trailer is any indication it is going to be incredible. I am just preparing myself for, what I assume, are the multiple deaths that are going to happen to close out this chapter of the Marvel Universe. This one comes out May 4th.

Extremely Wicked Shockingly Evil and Vile

I hope this movie gets a new title at some point during production, however, my excitement for this one is pretty high. Zac Efron is going to be playing Ted Bundy in a movie told from the perspective of the girl he was dating at the time of his arrest. The script made the Blacklist and I have heard good things about it. The rumoured release is Fall 2018, which puts it out right around award show contention time.

Black Panther


See my above mentioned love of all the previous Marvel movies and this jaw dropping trailer and it should be obvious why this one is on my list. I am excited that this one is releasing February 16th because that doesn't seem so far off this side of the new year.

Ocean's 8


Ladies being badass is always exciting and this trailer just looks like so much fun! I am looking forward to seeing all of these ladies interact and pulling off a heist! It's the type of movie you want to go with a group of female friends with to see and just bask in the awesomeness. It releases June 8th.

Love, Simon


This trailer won my heart with the entire 'I like your boots' scene. How charming is Nick Robinson?! This is going to be a fun rom-com like movie that I cannot wait to see on March 16th.

Crazy Rich Asians

I've heard incredible things about this book series (and they are on my list of books to read this year). The cast looks amazing (did you see the Entertainment Weekly photos?!) and it looks like a glitzy, decadent, drama filled good time. The trailer should be releasing in the next few months as it hits theatres August 17th.

TELEVISION

Jessica Jones Season Two


I LOVED the first season of Jessica Jones. LOVED! I loved Jessica as a character and have been eagerly awaiting the second season of the show. It's finally here (or will be on March 8th)! This trailer is everything I wanted and the Spiderman reference made me laugh out loud.

American Crime Story: Versace


It is no secret that I have been on a true crime kick as of late. It is also no secret that I love Ryan Murphy's shows. I especially loved the first season of American Crime Story. The second season will look at the murders committed by Andrew Cunanan, but most specifically the assassination of Gianni Versace. This trailer looks great, and Darren Criss is CHILLING. I'll be watching on January 17th when it premieres.

Waco


Cults are part of the whole true crime fascination and this show looks like it has some amazing performances. Taylor Kitsch seems to almost disappear into the role of David Koresh who was the leader of this particular cult. It premieres on January 24th and I am looking forward to watching this as I expect it might be talked about around awards season.

Mosaic: Miniseries 


According to the press release Mosaic is going to a VERY different form of storytelling. Through the official website/app viewers will have the chance to select which character's perspective they view the story through and that dictates the story experience they get. In order to get the full picture the audience will have to watch each of the perspectives. It'll also have extra content such as voicemails, emails, and etc for you to view or listen to. It certainly sounds ambitious and the fact that there is a mystery at the centre only makes me more curious to check it out.

The official press release states:

MOSAIC lets viewers experience the story from multiple perspectives, going deeper to see the big picture:
– Film view: Watch the film in full-screen, immersive mode.

– Choice moments: Select which character’s perspective you want to adopt to continue your journey.

– Discoveries: Dive deeper into the story through additional content, including voicemails and emails between the characters, police reports, news clippings, and more.

– Look again: Go back and view the perspectives you missed to get the full picture.

Sounds intriguing right? I am super excited to check this out on January 22nd.

What are you looking forward to in 2018? I am always eager to find new movies, and shows (and etc) so let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...