Tuesday, December 5, 2017

2018 Most Anticipated - The Dinner List



When I first heard that Rebecca Serle was releasing a new book I was immediately excited. I was even more excited to discover that it was going to involve a dinner party, and Audrey Hepburn! The Dinner List was instantly on my must read of 2018 and left me feeling like this:


It's very easy to be excited about a book when it is by an author whose previous novels you have loved, and when the premise is pretty much tailor made to appeal to you.


As this book doesn't release until Fall 2018 the official synopsis has not yet been released. What we do know comes from the deal announcement. The Deadline announcement described The Dinner List as: 
set in New York City, and mixes the kind of magical realism and wish fulfillment seen in films like Midnight in Paris. It takes place in one evening when a woman arrives at her birthday dinner party to mysteriously find everyone on her dream “dinner list” waiting at the table, the answer to the proverbial question if you could have dinner with a group consisting of anyone who would it be? 
Give. Me. It Immediately. I want to know everyone on Sabrina's dream dinner list. I want to know what she is eventually going to learn from this journey and, because it is Rebecca Serle, what kind of romance will be at the heart of this book.

Rebecca was awesome enough to answer a few questions about the book (even though it is super early for any kind of promo). This interview definitely makes me even more excited for more details to come out, and for this to eventually release.

1: what gif do you feel best describes The Dinner List

Probably any gif of Olivia Pope drinking wine?

*Kathy's note* I found this one that I personally like even though she's not drinking the wine. It mimics the excitement that I feel for this book.


2: If someone were to make a signature drink for your book what would be included?

It's not a cocktail-- but a really good glass of Merlot or Barolo. Or a scotch on the rocks. Like: Sit down, we're gonna be here awhile.

3: Who is someone on your own person 'dinner list'?

Jon Lovett from Pod Save America. To be honest my dream dinner would probably just be all the Crooked Media guys. I'm obsessed.

4. You've teased that we're going to meet your version of Audrey Hepburn. Are you able to tease someone else who is on Sabrina's dinner list?

I can tell you that everyone who is at the table is there for a reason--- but I'm not going to share more than that just yet!

5. What are some things (ie movies, tv shows, etc) you used to research this novel?

Fifth Avenue, 5 A.M by Sam Watson was a great Audrey resource, and a book I love very much.

6. What 2018 book are you most anticipating?

I'm a huge Curtis Sittenfeld fan and she has a short story collection "You Think It, I'll Say It," out in 2018. I'll definitely be picking that up! 


I am so excited to meet Rebecca's Audrey. I have also added Fifth Avenue, 5 A.M to my personal 'to be read' list. Here is hoping we get more details about this one early in the new year as I cannot wait to see what cover they come up with, and read an official synopsis.

The Dinner List releases Fall 2018 and it not currently up for pre-order, but be sure to follow Rebecca on Twitter so that you know as soon as it is available. You can also check out her website for more information. The most up to date information can also be obtained on her publisher website. Also be sure to add it your Goodreads in the meantime. 

Who would be on your own dream dinner list? Let me know in the comments.

Be sure to stop by tomorrow for a guest post from Melissa at Raincoast Books.

1 comment:

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...