Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Waiting On Wednesday ... These Rebel Waves


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pick is These Rebel Waves by Sara Raasch


Here is the Goodreads synopsis 
Inspired by the Spanish Inquisition, Raasch's duology takes place on the magic-rich island of Grace Loray, which five years ago overthrew its oppressor country, Argrid. Argrid is a country ruled by religion and has an inherent fear of Grace Loray's enchanted properties. So, when an Argridian delegate vanishes during peace talks, the country quickly places blame on Grace Loray's people and their magic.

Trapped in the middle of this reinvigorated war are three teenagers: There's Adeluna, a soldier who helped overthrew Argrid; Devereux, a pirate, or "Stream Raider," who deals in magic and becomes a target in the Argridian diplomat's abduction; and Benat, the Crown Prince of Argrid and a heretic, who is obsessed with Grace Loray's magic. 
I was sold when I heard this was about pirates. I didn't need to know anything else. Now that I have a full description I am even more excited to read this. It's going to be a long wait since this doesn't come out until next summer, but I predict it'll be worth it.

Expected release date - July 3, 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...