Saturday, September 23, 2017

Weekly Obsessions


The awesome Kelly at KellyVision started posting a weekly post highlighting whatever she happened to be obsessed with that week. I LOVE this idea, so much in fact that I will be doing it myself every Saturday.

Lots of fun things to share this week. It's been a great week for exciting reveals.

BOOK

Cover of The Way You Make Me Feel by Maurene Goo (goodreads)

I love the colour pallette for this cover. It's vibrant and beautiful. The model and her pose are perfect. It immedaitely fits the story being told.


It makes me want to read this book even more because of how eye catching this is!

Cover of The Unfortunates by Kim Liggett (goodreads)

Kim Liggett's covers are always eye catching and this is no exception. I love the mix of prep school uniform and blood and it definitely makes a statement about what the book is about.


The colour scheme of black and white with the red offers a striking contrast and I predict this one will stand out on bookshelves.

TV/MOVIE

American Crime Story: Versace Teaser #1

Ryan Murphy's shows always have great teasers. I vividly recall the dog teaser for the previous season of American Crime Story. Now that the second season is getting closer we have two teasers that have been released.

The first focuses on Donatella laying flowers on her brother's coffin.


The lack of music soundtrack, and the natural beach sounds being used is striking. You also immediately sense the mourning that is happening even without seeing Penelope Cruz's face.

American Crime Story: Versace Teaser #2

The second teaser is more unsettling and it manages it without really showing you anything.


The serenity of the doves being broken by the gun shots is startling, and effective. I have high hopes for this season and cannot wait for it to premiere

OTHER

Yuri On Ice Funko Pops

It is no secret that I love Funko Pops. I was so excited to see them announce some for the Yuri On Ice anime. I typically don't watch anime but found this one to be entirely adorable and fun.

First up is Yuri in his skating outfit. I love the clear bluish stand that they are on. It looks like ice.


 Victor, Yuri's coach, is also represented and looks great!

 
Lastly, they also have made the other Yuri into a Funko as well (yes, there are two Yuris) and he is also in his skate wear. I intend to preorder all three and cannot wait to add them to my collection.


Walking Dead Entertainment Weekly covers

The Walking Dead will be celebrating its 100th episode this upcoming season and Entertainment Weekly is helping them celebrate with three amazing covers.



I don't even know which one I want more. I am partial to the group shot though since it has everyone. I am excited to add one of these to my Entertainment Weekly cover collections though.

What are you obsessed with this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...