Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Waiting On Wednesday ... A Line In The Dark


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pick is A Line In The Dark by Malinda Lo


Here is the Goodreads synopsis 
The line between best friend and something more is a line always crossed in the dark.

Jess Wong is Angie Redmond’s best friend. And that’s the most important thing, even if Angie can’t see how Jess truly feels. Being the girl no one quite notices is OK with Jess anyway. While nobody notices her, she’s free to watch everyone else. But when Angie begins to fall for Margot Adams, a girl from the nearby boarding school, Jess can see it coming a mile away. Suddenly her powers of observation are more curse than gift.

As Angie drags Jess further into Margot’s circle, Jess discovers more than her friend’s growing crush. Secrets and cruelty lie just beneath the carefree surface of this world of wealth and privilege, and when they come out, Jess knows Angie won’t be able to handle the consequences.

When the inevitable darkness finally descends, Angie will need her best friend.

“It doesn’t even matter that she probably doesn’t understand how much she means to me. It’s purer this way. She can take whatever she wants from me, whenever she wants it, because I’m her best friend.”

A Line in the Dark is a story of love, loyalty, and murder.
This sounds so incredibly dark and twisty and I cannot wait to get my hands on it. I love how you immediately know the tone of this novel when you look at the cover, and I love that it appears to have complex female characters within it.

It's release day makes me think it'll be a perfect spooky read for the Halloween season.

Expected release date - October 17, 2017

2 comments:

  1. That cover is incredible! I can't wait to see what you think of the book! I may have to add it to my TBR! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW. What a cover. O_O It's very eye-catching, to say the least. I've not read anything by Malinda Lo but I've heard great things about her books. I hope you enjoy this book when you get the chance to read it!

    Have a fabulous week, Kathy. =)

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...