Friday, March 3, 2017

#FrenzyPresents Spring/Summer Edition Recap


I was recently invited to attend a bookish event at Harper Collins Canada. It was the #FrenzyPresents Spring/Summer blogger preview. 


I trekked to Toronto and the Harper Collins office for an afternoon of book nerd heaven. The lovely people at Harper discussed the spring/summer titles they were excited about and made all of the bloggers to be read lists grow considerably by the end of the afternoon.

These events are always fun because you get to mee fellow book lovers, and talk about your favourites. It is always a fun, and informative afternoon and this was no exception.


There were plenty of books discussed and I am going to highlight each of them here. They all link to their Goodreads page for easy addition to your to be read list!

The discussed three non fiction books at the event. These included ...

Unfiltered by Lily Collins
Almost Adulting by Arden Rose
How Dare The Sun Rise by Sandra Uwiringiyimana

The other novels were all varying young adult genres (dystopian, contemporary, horror, etc).

Spindle Fire by Lexa Hillyer

A fairytale retelling (Sleeping Beauty) that sounds really awesome!

The Black Witch by  Laurie Forest 

I love witch stories and this one has an amazing cover (and also happens to be over 600 pages!)

Thick As Thieves by Megan Whalen Turner

A ton of people are excited for this series continuation. I haven't read the first ones, but it piqued by interest. 

Avenged by Amy Tintera 

This is one of many sequels. The Harper girls did not want to spoil so they just lightly teased each of these books. 

The Scattering by Kimberly McCreight

I am super excited about this one. I read the first one and it was such a fun thrill ride. It was unexpected in the best possible way.

The Crown's Fate by Evelyn Skye

Another sequel that just got lightly teased. These novels have incredible covers!

Our Dark Duet by Victoria Schwab

This is another one of my most anticipated. I loved This Savage Song and these books where humans can be monsters, and monsters want to be human is classic Victoria Schwab (this means it is well written, heartbreaking, and wonderful).

Midnight At The Electric by Jodi Lynn Anderson

Jodi Lynn Anderson is one of my favourite authors. Her wiritng is lush and beautiful. Tiger Lily is one of my all time favourite novels and I am so excited to dive into this story of three girls across different timelines whose stories interconnect. 

The Gentleman's Guide To Vice and Virtue by Mackenzi Lee

This is the big gay historical road trip that you never knew you wanted. This book caused quite the buzz and I cannot wait to devour my copy!

House of Furies by  Madeleine Roux

The lone horror title of the group. It was mentioned as being for fans of Penny Dreadful and American Horror Story so I was, obviously, intrigued.

The Sandcastle Empire by Kayla Olson

This was the lone dystopian on the list. People looking for their dystopian fix will want to check out this title. 

Dividing Eden by Joelle Charbonneau 

Pitched as being for fans of Red Queen, this is the story of twins who end up having to complete for the crown when they unexpectedly find themselves in the position of having to rule. It sounds great, and has an amazing cover.

Zenith by Sasha Alsberg and Lindsay Cummings

Badass ladies in space! This is one I feel has been getting a lot of buzz recently and sounds really fun.

Romancing The Throne by  Nadine Jolie Courtney 

This is basically Kate and Pippa Middleton if Pippa had dated Prince William first. Two sisters meet a Prince at their school and drama ensues when they each fall for him.

I See London, I See France by Sarah Mlynowski

A fun Eurotrip read that sounds perfect for summer. Two friends go on a trip through Europe that is filled with romance, drama and more. 

Ramona Blue by Julie Murphy

Pretty sure this is another title that everyone is anticipating. It sounds incredible and is probably on your to be read list already.

Grit by Gillian French 

The story of a girl who has earned herself as reputation as 'that' girl in her town. Her best friend goes missing and there are plenty of secrets to unravel in this one. It sounds great!

Eliza And Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia 

A story of a girl who anonymously writes a very popular webcomic series and the aftermath of what happens we her identity is revealed.

Me (and) Me by  Alice Kuipers 

A story of 'sliding doors' story where a girl has to decide between saving two different people and the aftermath/consequences of each choice. 

That Thing We Call A Heart by Sheba Karim 

A story of a Pakistani-American girl who is falling in love while her and her best friend are drifting apart. It seems like there might be some secrets in this one and the main character is not often found in young adult novels.

It's Not Like It's A Secret by Misa Sugiura

This story seems to have a lot going on in it. There are family secrets. The main character is discovering that she is attracted to other girls, and lots more.

The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas

I reviewed this one recently on the blog and can vouch for its amazingness. An important, and timely, book that is incredibly well written. Starr's story is one that stays with you and I urge you to pick this one up!

The Upside Of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli

I feel like everyone is super excited for this. Becky's first novel was a huge hit with readers and I anticipate this one will be just as well received.

Fireworks by Katie Cotugno

If you were a fan of boy bands (or girl bands) of the 90s this is the book for you. Two friends complete to be part of a girl band that is being formed with plenty of drama arising as a result.

After hearing about all these incredible sounding upcoming books we all got to mingle and chat. I love getting to chat with Suman (who is the main contact for bloggers reviewing young adult novels). I also loved getting to see some of the Toronto bloggers I am friends with!

We were all gifted a goodie bag filled with amazing presents.



Some amazing buttons, and a few fun postcards (among other goodies). I love the button especially!


Each bag had 4 ARCs included. My batch had Romancing The Throne, I See London I See France, Ramona Blue and Dividing Eden. These were high on my to be read list so I was very happy with my choice of goodie bag. I cannot wait to read all of these.

Also included was this incredible Red Queen map!


I am going to have to get this framed and hang it up on my wall. I love it so much. 

It was a whirlwind trip to Toronto but so worth it. I am eagerly awaiting the next #FrenzyPresents event. I cannot wait to see everyone again and hear all about the upcoming titles.

Thank you to Suman, the rest of the Harper Collins staff, and all the bloggers who made it a fun (and bookish) afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...