Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Waiting On Wednesday ... This Is How It Happened


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

My pick this week is This Is How It Happened by Paula Stokes


Here is the Goodreads synopsis 
Somehow I’ve become a liar. A coward. Here’s how it happened. 

When Genevieve Grace wakes up from a coma, she can’t remember the car crash that injured her and killed her boyfriend Dallas, a YouTube star who had just released his first album. Genevieve knows she was there, and that there was another driver, a man named Brad Freeman, who everyone assumes is guilty. But as she slowly pieces together the night of the accident, Genevieve is hit with a sickening sense of dread—that maybe she had something to do with what happened.

As the internet rages against Brad Freeman, condemning him in a brutal trial by social media, Genevieve escapes to her father’s house, where she can hide from reporters and spend the summer volunteering in beautiful Zion National Park. But she quickly realizes that she can’t run away from the accident, or the terrible aftermath of it all.

Incredibly thought-provoking and beautifully told, Paula Stokes’s story will compel readers to examine the consequences of making mistakes in a world where the internet is always watching…and judging.
I am a fan of all of Paula's previous novels and I am pretty much going to read anything she writes next. I am really excited for this one because of the premise and the information she has revealed about how it came about.

If you haven't read anything by Paula before I highly recommend that you do!

Expected release date - July 11, 2017

2 comments:

  1. Oh! I didn't know this book had a cover! I've read all of Paula's/Fiona's books, and while this doesn't sound like something I would usually enjoy, I'm curious enough to read it and I've had success with her books in the past. I hope you enjoy this book when you get the chance to read it!

    Have a fabulous week, Kathy. :)

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read any Paula Stokes books yet :) This summary has really caught my attention though! Great WoW pick :D

    Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...