Tuesday, August 23, 2016

The Song Rising Prologue Reveal



I have loved each installment of Samantha Shannon's The Bone Season series and am eagerly anticipating the next chapter in Paige's story.

This series is so vibrant, and imaginative. It is enthralling and filled with stunning world building. I am thrilled to be an advocate for the series, and even more thrilled to get to share the prologue to The Song Rising, the third book in the series, with you today.

Obviously, there are potential spoilers for the previous two books in the below prologue so read at your own risk (and if you haven't read The Bone Season, and The Mime Order DO SO IMMEDIATELY)

 

Below are my spoiler filled thoughts about the prologue, so only continue if you've read the above. 

My immediate reaction to receiving the prologue was intense excitement! I couldn't wait to read it. I am desperate for anything from the next book so I even read it on my phone on the bus ride home from work.


There was some serious fangirling happening when I began to read it. I was so happy to be back in Paige's world (even if it was just a little taste of what is to come).

Those feelings, naturally, progressed to shock when I realized what was going on. Things are already intense and this is only the prologue (although I shouldn't be surprised after the ending of The Mime Order).

my actual expression while reading

That shock quickly turned into some serious anger towards a certain former mime lord of The Seven Seals.

not amused

Seriously. REALLY, Jaxon, REALLY?! *rage* How dare you hurt Warden. How dare you!! Now that Paige figures Jaxon was the traitor I am going to need that backstory filled in because this potentially means Jaxon has plenty more surprises up his sleeve.

Once I had finished reading the prologue my feelings turned into deep sadness because I now have to wait until March 7, 2017 for the rest of the book to come out.

It really isn't fair

The prologue has definitely made me even more excited to continue this series! Be sure to add The Song Rising to your Goodreads account and check out the previous books in the series if you have not already.


You can pre-order The Song Rising at all book retailers now, or by using the links below.


Let me know what you thought of the prologue in the comments or tell me your favourite character from the series! Super excited to hear what everyone thinks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...