Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Brianna Shrum's NEVER NEVER Dream Cast


If you read my review of Brianna Shrum's NEVER NEVER you know that I enjoyed this dark twist on the Peter Pan tale. Today, I am very excited to get to share with you Brianna's dream cast list! Lots of interesting choices (and her James Hook selection is pure perfection).

Here is a little about NEVER NEVER before we get to the dream casting!



Title: Never Never
Author: Brianna Shrum
Release Date: September 22, 2015
Publisher: Spencer Hill Press
Synopsis: James Hook is a child who only wants to grow up.
When he meets Peter Pan, a boy who loves to pretend and is intent on never becoming a man, James decides he could try being a child—at least briefly. James joins Peter Pan on a holiday to Neverland, a place of adventure created by children’s dreams, but Neverland is not for the faint of heart. Soon James finds himself longing for home, determined that he is destined to be a man. But Peter refuses to take him back, leaving James trapped in a world just beyond the one he loves. A world where children are to never grow up.
But grow up he does.                     
And thus begins the epic adventure of a Lost Boy and a Pirate.
This story isn’t about Peter Pan; it’s about the boy whose life he stole. It’s about a man in a world that hates men. It’s about the feared Captain James Hook and his passionate quest to kill the Pan, an impossible feat in a magical land where everyone loves Peter Pan.
Except one.

Be sure to check out my review and add it to your Goodreads as well! It's a must read for Peter Pan fans!

COME ON, PINTEREST. This is what we’ve been TRAINING FOR!

PETER PAN



So the fact that I’m going with Jack Gleeson, -aka- Joffrey Baratheon, possibly the most hated character in TV history….like ALL of TV history should give you some indication as to how I feel about Peter. ;D But this is always how I picture him: innocent-looking, a beautiful boy really, but sinisterrrrrr.

TIGER LILY



For real. Could Q’orianka Kilcher actually BE any more gorgeous? (The answer is no. No she could not.) She just looks *exactly* the way I picture Tiger Lily to look in my head. Strong and beautiful and amazing. I found a picture of her and I couldn’t BELIEVE how perfect she was.

BILL JUKES



“…and Bill Jukes, every inch of him tattooed…” –J. M. Barrie

Hafthor Bjornsson could not BE more Bill Jukes if he tried. He’s this mountain of a man (snicker, snicker. Cause you know, he’s The Mountain on Game of Thrones. Snicker, snicker) and those tats! But, like, apart from when he’s crushing people’s face and stuff, in REAL life he actually seems kind of adorable and gentle. Which is totally Bill.

STARKEY



Starkey is James’ tough, weathered, no-nonsense right-hand man. I actually had such a specific picture in my mind for Starkey that I thought it would be impossible to dreamcast him. And thennnnn I saw Outlander, and Murtagh. And BOOM. Duncan Lacroix.

Annnnnnd…..*drum rollllll*

THE HONORABLE CAPTAIN JAMES HOOK

He has gone through several incarnations in my head. I flirted with the idea of Tom Hiddleston. Because HELLO.


And I considered Ian Somerhalder for a while. SMOLDER, SIR. YOU JUST SMOLDER ONNNN.


But right now, the James Hook in my head is Cillin Murphy. That growly, gorgeous accent, and his utter elegance, and he’s just so darn sexy. But in this understated way. AND THOSE CORNFLOWER BLUE EYES THOUGH. (I’ll just keep Cillian-ing forever if you let me so I should stop now.) CAPTAIN JAMES, BABY.


I CAN’T.

A huge thank you to Brianna Shrum for taking the time to share her dream cast with us. Now if you excuse me, I am going to go stare at Cillian Murphy photos. For research. 

You can purchase NEVER NEVER from your fave local bookstore or any of the following links



You can find out more about NEVER NEVER and Brianna herself by visiting her at these links


Brianna Shrum lives in Colorado with her high-school-sweetheart-turned-husband, two boys, and two big, floppy hound dogs. She thinks chai tea is proof of magic in the world, and loves all things kissy, magical, and strange. She'd totally love to connect with you. You can find her saying ridiculous things on Twitter @briannashrum

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...