Saturday, August 29, 2015

Weekly Obsessions


The awesome Kelly at KellyVision started posting a weekly post highlighting whatever she happened to be obsessed with that week. I LOVE this idea, so much in fact that I will be doing it myself every Saturday.

BOOK

Blood and Salt Book Trailer (goodreads)

This book trailer is highly effective. It showcases the sexiness of Kim's debut novel, and offers up a few surprises. Be sure to watch until the very end....


Insane, right? Doesn't it make you absolutely curious about this novel? Be sure to put this one on your radar because it's amazing.

This Monstrous Thing Book Trailer (goodreads)

Another book trailer that does exactly what it is supposed to and teases you just enough to make you NEED to read the novel. This one is for the Frankenstein inspired novel coming from Mackenzi Lee and it's perfect.


It captures the tone and feel of the original while offering up a taste of what makes this interpretation unique. I often don't love book trailers, but this one (and the other included here) are a very pleasant surprise.

TV/MOVIE

Wicked City Key Art


I am super excited to check out this show when it airs in Oct. I have high hopes and while I've heard mixed things I am still hopefully that I'll love this anthology style show. These posters are certainly eye catching and fit the premise of the show. I've always been of a fan of the striking red/black colour scheme so this REALLY works for me.

American Horror Story: Hotel First Look

Entertainment Weekly just revealed the first look at some of the characters from this season of American Horror Story and I am in love. The is a definite 80's vibe to the wardrobe and look of the characters. I am intrigued by the 'pseudo vampires' being included in this season, and I enjoy so much of the cast.


Finn Wittrock, my favourite part of AHS: Freakshow returns and I am all about this look. Totally hot and fits into the 80's feel of the rest of the cast photos. For more, check out the newest issue of Entertainment Weekly! Cannot wait to pick up my copy.

OTHER

ALA 2016

With BEA moving to Chicago for the year, I am going to be attending ALA instead (I may attend both but that is not for sure). I just recently purchased my flight ticket to Orlando and am insanely excited. I've never been to ALA but I hear it's similar to BEA and I do look forward to seeing all the amazing bloggers, authors, and publishing professionals.

What are you obsessed with this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...