Thursday, June 26, 2014

My Summer Reading List


I saw a little while back that people were listing their summer reading lists. Now that summer is officially here I thought I would share my own list.

I tend to plan well in advance and have review books schedule in a calendar. It doesn't mean I don't sneak a few books in when I can though.

Here are the books I am most anticipating reading this summer -

Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson

This will be a re-read for the Sisterhood of the Traveling Bookclub discussion. I am pretty much forcing this on people at this point and am looking forward to reading it and falling in love all over again.

The Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johansen

The lovely Harper Canada girls (Suman and Kaiti) have been gushing about this one, and once Emma Watson signed on for the movie, I was sold. I am really excited as I get to start this one VERY soon.

Veronica Mars : The Thousand Dollar Tan Line by Rob Thomas and Jennifer Graham

Now that I have watched the entire series, and the movie I am ready to dive into this one. I am seriously missing Neptune, Veronica, and the rest of the gang. I'll be insanely happy if Deputy Leo makes a cameo. Oh, and Logan and Veronica should make out. 


Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins

Counting down the days until I have this book in my hands. It's going to be reading material for the train ride back from my Toronto trip. I loved Stephanie Perkins' previous novels, and feel safe saying that I will adore this one too. It's possibly my most anticipated of the summer.

Open Road Summer by Emery Lord

A Taylor Swift-ish character, a swoon worthy boy and a whole lot of buzz has made this a must read for me. I'll be devouring it soon, preferably with ice cream while at a park.

I also have a few fall releases that I am hoping to sneak in this summer!

Falling Into Place by Amy Zhang

I've been hearing nothing but amazing things about this one. Jamie (The Perpetual Page Turner/Broke and Bookish) raved about it, and the Harper Collins Canada ladies have also spoken highly of it. It may have to sneak it's way up the 'to be read' pile.

I'll Give You The Sun by Jandy Nelson

Another one of those books that the buzz has made me stop and pay attention. I am hoping to sneak this one in because it not only sounds wonderful, but I hear the writing is utterly beautiful.

What books will you be reading this summer? Any of my selections also on your reading list?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...