Saturday, March 22, 2014

Weekly Obsessions


The awesome Kelly at KellyVision started posting a weekly post highlighting whatever she happened to be obsessed with that week. I LOVE this idea, so much in fact that I will be doing it myself every Saturday.

Here are my obsessions this week. Short and sweet this week!

BOOKS

Heartless Things by Lisa Maxwell (Goodreads)

I love Peter Pan. Surprise right? Well I saw this mentioned in a Publishers Weekly deals announcement and quickly proceeded to FREAK OUT. Why...because just read this....
Gwen and her best friend are abducted to a dark world akin to Pan's Labyrinth called Neverland, but it's nothing like the fairy tale. To rescue her friend, Gwen must decide whether to trust a roguish young pirate or the boy who calls himself Pan. 
Obviously, I need to read this. As soon as possible. I love that Hook is going to be 'young' and it kind of makes Pan sound ominous? Delightful twist. This will be top of my 2016 Most Anticipated List. *sobs because of the long wait*

Finding Paris by Joy Preble (Goodreads)

I found this one and thought it sounded amazing. It's got secrets, a road trip, and two places I totally want to visit.
a teenage girl whose older sister sends her on a scavenger hunt from Las Vegas to L.A., to protect her from a dark secret.
I want this immediately. It's being pitched as Speak meets 13 Little Blue Envelopes which is interesting. Either way, totally excited to get my hands on this sometime in 2015.

OTHER

Elaine Lui Book Signing 

My favourite gossip queen Elaine from Lainey Gossip is coming to Ottawa as part of her book tour. I am thrilled that Ottawa is finally getting a fun book signing, and I can't wait to go. April 8th at the Rideau Chapters location for those in the city, be sure to check it out, too.

Disney Inspired Cocktails by Cody

I stumbled across this by accident. A Seattle based mixologist has created some of the most awesome drinks ever...if you're a Disney fan that is.

Copyright @ Cocktails by Cody Facebook page

The Lost Boy is just one of the MANY drinks you can find on his Facebook page. It appears he'll eventually be releasing an e-book filled with these recipes, and I cannot wait to get my hands on it.

So what are you obsessed with this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...