Saturday, January 11, 2014

Weekly Obsessions


The awesome Kelly at KellyVision started posting a weekly post highlighting whatever she happened to be obsessed with that week. I LOVE this idea, so much in fact that I will be doing it myself every Saturday.

Here are my obsessions this week. They are movie/TV heavy because it's awards season!

MOVIE/TV

Golden Globes

The Golden Globes are on Sunday! I love awards season, and the Golden Globes kick off the countdown to the Oscars.

I have a few favourites that I will be crossing my fingers for on Sunday. I want Jared Leto to take home the Best Supporting Actor award for his role in Dallas Buyers Club. His performance was brilliant. TV wise I am hoping Aaron Paul wins for his role in Breaking Bad. Bryan Cranston certainly deserves to win for playing Walter White (Breaking Bad again) so convincingly. I would be okay with Liev Schreiber winning for his role in Ray Donovan, but I think Bryan Cranston deserves it more. I also think Jennifer Lawrence might be adding another trophy to her collection.

Frozen

I finally saw Frozen. It's amazing. Disney movies have always been a favourite of mine, and this one is no exception. There are plenty of great moments that I loved in it. The fact that it focuses on the relationship between Elsa and Anna rather than romance made me very happy. It's got some great music (Idina Menzel's Let It Go is amazing), and a rather sweet message to it. I can't wait to own it and watch it again.

Gone Girl Entertainment Weekly Cover

I devoured Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn and was extremely excited when the movie was announced. Entertainment Weekly's latest cover offers a first glimpse at the direction David Fincher is taking, and to see Ben Affleck and Rosamund Pike as Nick and Amy.


It's creepy and SO fitting to the story. It gives me hope that David Fincher is going to do this right. I am a little concerned about the 'changes' made to the story, but Gillian Flynn is writing the script. This is her novel, and I trust her to do something wonderful with the script. The article has sold me on Rosamund Pike. She gets Amy, and even Ben Affleck seems a great choice for Nick. SO EXCITED FOR THIS.

So what are you obsessed with this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...