Tuesday, November 12, 2013

2014 Most Anticipated....Suman Says!


Today I have Suman from Harper Collins Canada offering up her suggestions on what not to miss in 2014! She's got some amazing picks lined up, and I am already dying to get my hands on so many of them. Suman is awesome (she loves Joss Whedon, and Friday Night Lights, enough said) and she runs the Harper Collins Young Adult Twitter (@HCCFrenzy) which is where you can find her to talk all things bookish. Thanks for stopping by Suman!
Next year is going to be a huge year for YA fiction. I’m getting happy just thinking about some of the books! We’ll get to read the final installments in the Shatter Me and the Selection series, plus there are tons of debuts that have the entire Frenzy team buzzing with excitement.

Kathy’s put together an amazing list of titles she’s looking forward to in 2014. Like everyone else, I’ve got a long list of books I’m excited to read next year, but here are a few of the ones I’m most excited about!


No One Else Can Have You by Kathleen Hale (January 7)

I read this one several months ago and have literally not been able to stop talking about it since. It’s been (accurately) compared to Fargo, Pretty Little Liars and Veronica Mars, plus it has one of the most unique YA covers I’ve seen. No One Else Can Have You is a murder mystery full of dark humor and a protagonist that you’ll adore. Seriously. Kippy Bushman should be in every book.


Avalon by Mindee Arnett (January 21)

Attention Joss Whedon fans (that’s all of us, right?)! Avalon is being described as Firefly for teens. Do I really even need to say anything else?

If you haven’t read much sci-fi in the past, Avalon will have you hooked on the genre.


Elusion by Claudia Gabel (March 18)

I’ve been obsessed with science fiction since I was little, so I’m incredibly excited to see that there are so many sci-fi reads to look forward to in 2014.

Inspired by Inception (!!!), Elusion has it all: fantasy, adventure, sci-fi, and romance. Set in the near-future, a new technology called Elusion is sweeping the country. With just an app, visor and wristband, you can be virtually transported to an exotic destination where adventure can be pursued without the complications—or consequences—of real life. When there are accusations that Elusion is addictive and dangerous, Regan, the daughter of the program's inventor, is determined to defend it. But as she investigates further, she discovers a disturbing web of secrets and deeply-buried truths.

The Taking by Kimberly Derting (April 29)

A flash of white…and then nothing.

When Kira wakes up behind a dumpster, she has no memory of what’s happened, but soon finds out that five years have passed—and she’s still the same sixteen-year-old she was when she vanished….

The Taking is a fast-paced read perfect for fans of The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer and The Fifth Wave (two of my personal faves!).


Say What You Will by Cammie McGovern (June 3)

When this book was first described to us, the comparisons had us all excited: The Fault in Our Stars meets Eleanor & Park, with a dash of How To Love by Katie Cotugno.

To Matthew, Amy is the girl with cerebral palsy. But what he doesn’t realize is that trapped inside Amy’s uncooperative body is a kindred spirit.

To Amy, Matthew is a just another quiet boy from her school. But what Amy doesn’t know is that Matthew’s mind is consumed with repeated thoughts, obsessive rituals, and crippling fear. 

Say What You Will is an unforgettable contemporary read about what starts as a blossoming friendship and eventually grows into something unexpected. I guarantee you will not be able to put this book down.


If you get a chance to read any of these titles, I’d love to hear what you think on twitter at @HCCFrenzy!

Happy Reading!


Suman Seewat

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...