Friday, September 27, 2013

TV Reaction Post Announcement



You may recall an announcement that Kelly (from KellyVision) and I were looking at starting a TV blog. We don't have the time for a full blog on our own, and so we decided to incorporate our reaction posts into our current blogs.

I am going to be recapping Once Upon A Time. I am still working out the schedule, but I am thinking either Wednesdays or Fridays.

Kelly and I will be doing joint reactions for American Horror Story and Bates Motel. American Horror Story will be hosted on Kelly's blog, and Bates Motel will be hosted on mine in 2014 when it starts. Super excited to start both of these recaps. We both love the shows, and I think our dual reactions will be quite fun.

Just a warning... my recaps will be SPOILER HEAVY. They won't really be recaps either. Like my reviews they'll be my thoughts and feelings about what happened in that episode.

Since this is still in it's beginning stages things are obviously subject to change. I am not sure how this is going to go, and if It interferes with the book blog too much, I may decide to scrap it all together.

Since I am diving in with season 3, I thought it might help to understand my recaps better (and let’s be honest, my bias) if I gave a quick overview on my feelings regarding the characters, plot, etc that has happened so far.

Snow and Charming - LOVE! They are one of my favourite couples. The people of the internet often complain about them, and I hear the ‘break up’ word too often for my liking. As Eddie Kitsis said when promoted with the break up rumour "That's the death of all hope right there!". This show is based on fairytales and hope, so basically, I never want them to break up.I love Snow when she’s a bad ass with a bow, and while Charming makes me swoon, David (early David anyways) left me exasperated.

Emma - The saviour with great hair (seriously, her hair is fab). She walks that line between put together and vulnerable perfectly. She is easily the most relatable person on the show, because she is going through what a ‘normal’ person would. Of course she didn't automatically believe Henry’s fantastical story. Who would?!

Henry - Lots of Henry hate out there. I don’t get it. He’s an adorable, head strong kid, who is literally the heart of this story. If you were to create a family tree for the characters on the show, you would see Henry right in the middle of it. He’s OUaT’s Kevin Bacon in that everyone has a tie or connection to him somehow. He’s going to be super important to the story itself, and I have a feeling he’ll be pretty powerful too.

Rumple/Mr Gold - Love him or hate him, you have to admit he's one of the most dynamic characters on the show. His relationship with Belle is rather interesting, and I love that she has faith in him.

Regina/Evil Queen - She’s been given enough chances to change. I am over it. I want some real effort, or she needs to be equalized. She has remained a threat for too long, and Snow has been way too forgiving. She hands out second and third chances with the bat of an eye, which I get, but at some point Regina has to TRY. Plus, she's someone I love to hate. I want my villains to be VILLAINS. Something Once is lacking are the villains who aren't seeking redemption. Both Rumple, and Regina are layered, and I love characters like that, but sometimes you need a character who is ruthless, and LOVES being bad.

Baelfire/Neal - Emma’s one true love. He is who she is meant to be with. A poor young boy who only wanted his father to change, and was sent to another land (alone I might add) for his troubles. Young Baelfire tugged at my heart, and older Bae has shown that he's grown into a man who sacrifices his happiness for others. My idea of a happily ever after is Emma, Baelfire, and Henry living in a castle in Fairytaleland when this is all over.

Captain Hook - Totally love him. Have since he first appeared on the show. Any mention of Milah from him turns me into a puddle of mush. A man who has held on to his love for 300 years, and wants to avenger her death? Pretty romantic, but also unhealthy. I want to see him let go of his revenge agenda, mourn Milah fully, and find his own happily ever after...just not with Emma.

What do I want in season 3?

- mermaids - We're heading to Neverland. Give me some mermaids in a lagoon and I shall be happy. I have a feeling this wish will come true since a certain red haired mermaid is set to appear this season. Hopefully she'll become a permanent part of 'our' world.

- Peter Pan - DUH! If the finale is anything to go by we're in for a darker, much more sinister Peter Pan. What I don't want is for him to be related to anyone in ANY way. Sadly, I have a theory that this is going to happen. If so...let it be the last time. Not everyone can be related.

- focus on the main cast - too many side characters got in the way of the main cast that I love. The story needs to focus on them, and bring those characters back to the forefront. Luckily, I think that's going to happen.

- romance - I am sucker for love stories. Give me some epic Snow/Charming scenes. Let Baelfire and Emma make me a puddle of feelings. I am excited to see Ariel and her Prince. The thing with fairytales that I love the most is the goosebump inducing epicness of the romance, so I hope Once brings it this season.

- Henry! - I want his story. He was important enough for Peter Pan to want him. Why? What makes this kid so special. Again, I have some theories, and I can't wait to see if I am right.

If you watch Once Upon A Time, what are you hoping to see in Season 3?



3 comments:

  1. I definitely want more Mr Gold. I was a big fan of Robert Carlyle in Hamish Macbeth and the character is, as you say, so well layered.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just started watching OUAT about a month ago, and I'm up to Season 2! It's highly addicting and I love all the characters. I think you're right about having characters who are straight up villains! I love Rumple as a villain bc he's just a brilliant actor to watch. Can't wait to find Ariel and Prince Eric! My fave couple :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only people I still love from the main cast are Rumpelstiltskin and Emma still has a place in my heart. The others I don't really care for (definitely agree with you on Regina). I also love Belle and many of the minor characters from S1 along with Nealfire and Mulan and Aurora. Hook is interesting but I don't like him. I am hoping Peter Pan is a lot like Cora and is a villain who just loves being bad. I love the complexity and depth of Regina and Rumpel but as you say a villain you love to hate is a great villain.

    I can't wait to see Ariel this season either and Tinkerbell ^_^.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...