Friday, July 19, 2013

Weekly Obsessions


The awesome Kelly at KellyVision started posting a weekly post highlighting whatever she happened to be obsessed with that week. I LOVE this idea, so much in fact that I will be doing it myself every Saturday.

Here are my obsessions this week:

BOOKS

Second Star by Alyssa Sheinmel

Pretty sure my love of Peter Pan is well known. I've loved it since I first saw the Disney cartoon. There is something magical about the entire notion of Neverland. I stumbled across this book in the Publisher Weekly Spring 2014 preview. It was mentioned it revolves around a Peter/Wendy/Hook triangle and I was immediately sold. I haven't seen that done before and I can't wait to read this. Not a lot of details are known yet, but it's apparently more a contemporary twist on it. It means less magic, but it STILL sounds awesome. Peter as a surfer?! It has potential.

Of Metal and Wishes by Sarah Fine

Phantom of the Opera inspired, and it takes place in a slaughterhouse? SIGN ME UP! Read the synopsis and tell me that you don't want this. I can't wait for this. Phantom is one of those stories that I never thought of in terms of a YA novel being inspired by it, but it totally works.

The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith

Who wasn't TOTALLY shocked by the new that JK Rowling had stealthily released a crime novel under a pen name. It's fantastic news and I can't wait to fit it into my review schedule ASAP! In case you missed it you can find all the details about JK Rowling's newest novel on Goodreads.

Bethany Griffin announcement

If you follow Bethany on twitter you would have seen a particular tweet that announced she has a new book announcement coming up... SOON! As in it'll be out in 2014 by the sounds of her mysterious tweet. I can't wait for the official details, and see what she has in store for us next. I LOVED the Masque duology and can't wait to read something else from Bethany.

OTHER

Comic Con

If you follow me on Twitter you've most likely seen me deliriously jealous of all those attending this year's Sand Diego Comic Con. There are so many amazing panels. I would LOVE to attend one year. The upside for everyone, even those not attending, is that there is a huge amount of really cool entertainment stuff released during this event. First looks, special footage, posters, and spoilers are some of my favourites.

Out of all the panel that have been held so far (not including Sat or Sunday events) the Spiderman one has me curious. First, Andrew Garfield is ADORABLE and he literally made me fall just a little more in awe of him. Dane Dehaan as Harry Osborn intrigues me. The guy is a phenomenal actor and I can't see what he brings to this role.

The other big panal? The Mortal Instruments. I had way too much fun watching the cast interviews. They all seem really great, and fun. Can not wait for this movie to come out. I'll be glued to coverage again today (Saturday) because the Once Upon A Time panel is today!

So what are yo obsessed with this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...