Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Sisterhood of the Traveling Book Club.... Official Announcement



So myself, Christy (The Reader Bee), Kelly (KellyVision) and Kim (Pingwing's Bookshelf) have been working on something that I am REALLY excited about.

I love the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series, and I came up with the idea of incorporating that into a traveling bookclub between 4 blogs (in honour of Tibby, Bridget, Carmen and Lena). We will host it four times a year (once each per blog) and the hostess gets to pick the book we read for that particular 'meeting' of the club.

We're going to keep a running commentary while we read the books selected and have a Skype chat at the end to discuss the novel. The blog whose turn it is to host will put it together a recap post for everyone to see what we thought of the book. We're hoping to incorporate the authors, and/or watching movie versions of the novels too as part of the recap posts.

I am super excited to take part in this with these fantastic ladies. It's going to be a fun, exciting club and I can't wait to see what choices they pick. If you guys have suggestions for books that we can read be sure to leave them in the comments!


3 comments:

  1. Yay! I can't wait to get started on this! It sounds like it's going to be super fun. :)
    Thanks for the great idea, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, this is a fun idea! I can't think of any great books right now, but if I come up with one I'll suggest. I'm excited to see your posts and thoughts on what you do read! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a really good idea and I think we're going to have a lot of fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...