Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Kobo Aura HD review



A little while back I was given the opportunity to test drive the new Kobo Aura HD. I've had the device long enough to read a few ebooks on it and decided to share my thoughts.

The first thing I noticed was it's sleek design. It's quite nice to look it. The 'slanted back' that gives the feel of holding a physical book is a perfect touch for those of us who love the feel of a hardcover novel. It weights practically nothing, and has a modern look to it.

The operating system is smooth. I was pleasantly surprised at how quickly and seamlessly turning pages was. Having the capablity to switch fonts is also another fantastic bonus.

The Kobo Aura HD's selling points* are

6.8" ulta-high resolution ClarityScreen and 1440 x 1080 display

No-glare Pearl E Ink touchscreen

Integrated front-light

Wi Fi capable

4GB of Memory expandable with Micro SD cards

All of these are huge selling points for any reader. However, as someone who reads A LOT the expandable memory card is enticing. The front light is a wonderful addition, and I've already used it quite a bit. There is no eye strain this way and it makes reading in low light much easier. It'll be perfect to travel on planes with.

With all the positives, there are a few little things I would LOVE as additions -

Twitter capability 

The system can post quotes to Facebook. I would love to see the same thing apply to Twitter. I use Twitter much more often than Facebook and it's the perfect social media platform for sharing your favourite passages.

Clearer Instructions

There are still many features I am trying to find, or ones I am accidentally coming across. While this makes for some fun surprises, having a better how to manual included would allow me to make the most out of the system.

My experience with the system has, so far, been amazing. It's crystal clear screen, and front light are huge selling features. The design is also a instant hit with the book lover in me. As someone who has been less than enthusiastic about ebooks, this electronic reader is just the thing to tempt me to indulge in a few. It truly is an e-reader that is built for book lovers.

If you'd like to know more about the Kobo Aura HD be sure to visit the Kobo website for more details.

*selling points listed on back of Kobo Aura HD package

1 comment:

  1. I really love it as well. It's very different from the Kindle (which I had before) and I find it very easy to use. The slanted back didn't really make that much of a difference to me though. Great review, glad you're liking it!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...