Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday...Unbreakable


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

My pick this week is Unbreakable by Kami Garcia


Here is the Goodreads synopsis
I never believed in ghosts. Until one tried to kill me.

When Kennedy Waters finds her mother dead, her world begins to unravel. She doesn’t know that paranormal forces in a much darker world are the ones pulling the strings. Not until identical twins Jared and Lukas Lockhart break into Kennedy’s room and destroy a dangerous spirit sent to kill her. The brothers reveal that her mother was part of an ancient secret society responsible for protecting the world from a vengeful demon — a society whose five members were all murdered on the same night.

Now Kennedy has to take her mother’s place in the Legion if she wants to uncover the truth and stay alive. Along with new Legion members Priest and Alara, the teens race to find the only weapon that might be able to destroy the demon — battling the deadly spirits he controls every step of the way.

Suspense, romance, and the paranormal meet in this chilling urban fantasy, the first book in a new series from Kami Garcia, bestselling coauthor of the Beautiful Creatures novels.
Intriguing. It sound awesome, but also like it's been done before. I am hoping Kami Garcia can put her own spin on this genre, and that I end up loving this.

Expected release date October 1, 2013

2 comments:

  1. I'm a sucker for ghost stories, though I'm gonna be honest - I'm weary of Karcia and Stohl (I'm not a big fan of their Beautiful Creatures), and if she's going to drag it out and put whiny characters in it then I'll pass. So while I am somewhat intrigued, I also don't have my hopes high :) Hopefully it'll turn out to be great, tho!

    Here's my pick: WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm keeping my eye on this one too, mainly because I honestly am a sucker for a good ghost story. Let's keep our fingers crossed that it's awesome!

    Jessica @ Hopelessly Devoted Bibliophile

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...