Thursday, February 14, 2013

Female Characters in Entertainment Week


I was talking with some of the other Ottawa blogettes and noticed a trend that has made me quite sad.

Female characters, whether in books or on TV, are so often criticized. I feel they are judged much more harshly than their male counterparts. I also think male characters get away with things female characters are criticized for. I am even guilty of this, which lead to me wanting to do something about it.

I want to spread some love to combat all that negativity. So starting the last week of March I am going to be hosting guest posts from various bloggers, authors, etc, about female characters they love. There may be some discussion topics, and I hope it encourages others to express their love of some of the kickass, awesome and amazing female characters out there.

I hope this brings attention to all different kinds of female characters - flawed, sweet, intense, heroine, villain, and some that are in between.

If you would like to be part of this event by contributing a guest post please send me an email (aglassofwineblog@gmail.com) no later than February 20th.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...