Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday....Meant To Be

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

My pick this week is Meant To Be by Lauren Morrill

Here is the Goodreads synopsis
Meant to be or not meant to be . . . that is the question.

It's one thing to fall head over heels into a puddle of hazelnut coffee, and quite another to fall for the—gasp—wrong guy. Straight-A junior Julia may be accident prone, but she's queen of following rules and being prepared. That's why she keeps a pencil sharpener in her purse and a pocket Shakespeare in her, well, pocket. And that's also why she's chosen Mark Bixford, her childhood crush, as her MTB ("meant to be"). 
But this spring break, Julia's rules are about to get defenestrated (SAT word: to be thrown from a window) when she's partnered with her personal nemesis, class-clown Jason, on a school trip to London. After one wild party, Julia starts receiving romantic texts . . . from an unknown number! Jason promises to help discover the identity of her mysterious new suitor if she agrees to break a few rules along the way. And thus begins a wild goose chase through London, leading Julia closer and closer to the biggest surprise of all: true love. 
Because sometimes the things you least expect are the most meant to be.
This sounds so cute and romantic. I love the whole mystery text leading to a "goose chase" through London. I love when cities are such a huge part of a novel, and London is such an amazing city.

Expected release date - November 13, 2012

8 comments:

  1. This sounds like a really cute read. I'll have to add it to my tbr.
    Waiting For Wentworth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good choice! :-) I chose Meant to Be a few weeks ago and thought it sounded like such a unique, fun read. I mean, who couldn't love a book that has "defenestrated" on the back cover? LOL.

    Looks like we're both anxiously awaiting this one! ;-)

    Thanks for stopping by BlookGirl earlier! I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if I have heard of this one before.. Maybe? Usually I just focus on the covers, which is a little embarrassing. XD

    Patricia // My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds so cute! I love that she carries a copy of Shakespeare with her. This definitely sounds like it will be a great read!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhh, this does sound like a cute read! I've added it to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww this does look cute! I'm going to have to check this one out! Great pick :)

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is totally going on my TBR! It sounds so cute, and adorbale. The main character sounds a like she's a little OCD, so it should be super interesting to read about that. I can't wait for this book now!! Great choice. =)

    -Aneeqah @ My Not So Real Life

    ReplyDelete
  8. Considering this was my pick yesterday, too, there's almost no need to tell you that I'm just as excited for MEANT TO BE as you are. This just sounds sooooo awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...