Thursday, January 26, 2012

Friday Hops!





Follow Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read. It's a great way to meet new blogger friends. This weeks question is:


Q: Which book genre do you avoid at all costs and why?

I tend to avoid science fiction (more so aliens, etc). I just don't really have an interest. I have read the odd ScFi book that I enjoyed, but otherwise it's not for me. Westerns is a genre I have the same issue with.







TGIF at GReads! is a weekly blog hop hosted by Ginger from GReads


Q: Where do your books that you read come from? The bookstore? The library? Do you prefer to own a book, or have it on loan?

I purchase books and also use the library heavily. I tend to purchase anything that I REALLY want and others I get from the library first and will purchase if it ends up being awesome. I love that the library gives you chance to try so many different genres, and go a little out of your comfort zone.


Happy weekend and Happy reading!

7 comments:

  1. Hopping through. Also, there are times when aliens have fantastical names that it's hard to wrap them in our tongue that loses my appreciation to a sci-fi book. The library is sure great to find book. I also tend to buy books mostly at the thrifty bookshop. :D Here's my FF

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try to avoid sci-fi as well!! A new follower! :)

    Celine @ Forget-me-not

    Here is my FF

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopping through. I am not a sci fi person. I have never read a Western but I doubt I'd like it.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't read sci-fi either. It's just something about those aliens that just don't appeal to me :P

    Here's my FF

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not a huge scifi fan either, especially when it comes to aliens. Like you though, I have read a few that weren't awful. I guess it all just depends.

    New follower
    Kristan @ Lost Amongst the Shelves
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with your answer,have a happy Friday!

      http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/01/follow-friday_27.html

      Delete
  6. Hi! I'm a new follower!!! I can't wait to read more on your blog!!!! :)

    Haha oddly enough I haven't read many alien books; but I can see some of them not being my cup of tea either! :)

    http://jbkantt.blogspot.com/2012/01/follow-me-friday-my-first-one.html

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...