Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick


Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick
Release Date – October 4, 2011
Publisher Website – Simon and Schuster
Publisher Social Media - Twitter
Pages - 438 pages
My Rating- 7.5/10
**purchased**
***SPOILERS FOR PREVIOUS BOOKS***

Here is the Goodreads synopsis

The noise between Patch and Nora is gone. They've overcome the secrets riddled in Patch's dark past...bridged two irreconcilable worlds...faced heart-wrenching tests of betrayal, loyalty and trust...and all for a love that will transcend the boundary between heaven and earth. Armed with nothing but their absolute faith in one another, Patch and Nora enter a desperate fight to stop a villain who holds the power to shatter everything they've worked for—and their love—forever.


At the end of Crescendo Nora had been told a shocking revelation and it was the kind of cliffhanger that drives you crazy waiting for the next book.

Silence doesn’t pick up right where Crescendo left off. Instead, we see Nora after she’s been missing for a few months. She can’t recall anything of the kidnapping, and even scarier is the fact that she can’t recall the past 5 months. No memories of Patch, the Nephilim or any of the secrets she learned along the way.

The mystery of what happened, and how Nora had her memories erased is filled with some twists, turns, and new reveals. I did not mind knowing more than Nora. It could have been infuriating, but the plot kept me interested and was fast paced.

Nora changes in this novel quite a bit. I felt she became a much stronger character. She actively tried to trigger her memories, and went looking for clues to what happened. She tired to help people in danger, and was there for her friends when they needed her. She, as usual, does some stuff that you want to shake her for, but she seems to be someone who jumps right in and asks questions later.

The only thing that I felt was missing was Patch. He was sparse for the first half of the novel or so, but the end sort of makes up for it. There is enough swoon worthy, romantic moments to satisfy hardcore Patch fans. Patch’s character is pretty much the same as the previous novels, it’s Nora that changes.

Hank Miller sort of surprised me. He was a much better, scarier villain than I was expecting him to be. He was cold, calculating and not above hurting those he claimed to care about, never mind those he doesn’t have any use for.

The ending is once again one of those insane cliffhangers that leaves you gasping. I can’t wait to see what happens next as it changes everything for Nora and Patch.

Becca Fitzpatricks’ writing is captivating and will have you engrossed right from the beginning. You’ll have read large sections of the book without even realizing how much you’ve actually read. Silence is filled with romance, action, mystery and is a great addition to the series.

2 comments:

  1. Patch being missing from the first half the book really killed me! I love Patch. :) The second half was much better once he showed up. lol! I definitely had some moments when I wanted to shake Nora. :)

    Glad you enjoyed this! I am SO excited for the next book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, Kathy! Happy you enjoyed this :) I think it was my favourite in the series so far. I'm dying to get my hands on book four after how things ended!

    Definitely agree about Hank - guy was a psycho! And oh, did I love how Nora/Patch relationship progressed <3 Awesome review!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...