Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday - Isle of Night by Veronica Wolff


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

My pick this week is Isle of Night by Veronica Wolff

Here is the Goodreads synopsis

Is life offering fewer and fewer options? Then join the dead.

When Annelise meets dark and seductive Ronan, he promises her a new life-if she has the courage to chance the unknown. Now, she's whisked away to a mysterious island and pitted against other female recruits to become a Watcher-girls who are partnered with vampires and assist them in their missions. To survive and become a Watcher, Annelise has to beat out every other girl, but she's determined to do so, because to fail doesn't mean dishonor-it means death.


This is being called The Hunger Games meets Vampire Academy. It certainly sounds unique, and I hope it's as good as it sounds!

Expected release date - September 6, 2011

11 comments:

  1. Hunger Games meets VA? Two of my favourite series! A combination of those would be off-the-charts awesome. I'm really intrigued by this and learning more about the relationship between Watchers and vampires. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...sounds interesting. Putting it on my TBR pile right now!

    Here's my WoW

    Kristin @ Better Read Than Dead

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm super excited about this one too!

    Megan @ Read It, See It

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, this one looks really good. I'm gonna have to add it to m TO-READ list... my WOW is over @ Book Savvy Babe

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am soooo waiting on this one as well. Great pick!
    NC
    Truly Bookish

    ReplyDelete
  6. That truly sounds like a VA/Hunger Games combination. Interesting. Have to add this to my to-read list. Thanks for sharing. :)

    Carina

    ReplyDelete
  7. neat gadget on ur sidebar for the Dyer book.
    Have fun reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Hunger Games is exactly what I thought of when I read the summary. Great pick! Adding it to GR :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhh, this is a new one for me! It sounds pretty awesome! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...