Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Book Expo - Day 3

The last day of the Expo. I was heading right to Maureen Johnson's book signing for Name of the Star. It was one of my "Must Gets" and I knew it was going to be busy. I got there really early as it didn't start until 10, but I lined up at 9. I was in front of a group of people that seemed to let in a whole bunch of other people. I ended up being much further back than I should have been as a result. Again, I didn't say anything because I don't really know anyone and it just felt awkward. Needless to say others in line were not happy about it. Eventually the line got going and I got to meet Maureen and get a copy of the book. She's super funny.

While I was doing this my friend Nikki was going around seeing what books were available. She got me a copy of Eve (thanks Nikki!).

We went to a bunch of signings. Marianna Baer was sweet. She was telling me how nervous she was. It was nice to hear that they were nervous to meet us as well.

The books I got on Day 3 are -

Sirenz by Charlotte Bennardo, Natalie Zaman
Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson
Eve by Anna Carey
Frost by Marianna Baer
Family by Michol Ostow
The Iron Witch by Karen Mahoney
Those Accross the River by Christopher Buehlman
The Snow Child by Eowyn Ivey
Wintertown by Stephen Emond
The Bridge to Neverland by Ridley Pearson, Dave Barry

In closing New York was amazing, Book Expo was amazing. I fully intend to go back next year. I will leave off with some of my favourite pictures from NYC!







3 comments:

  1. You can't believe how jealous I am! *even though I tell you everyday* ;)

    I NEED Eve by Anna Carey like I NEED air. Hmph. *pouts*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! I never make it to these sorts of things. :(

    -Sandra from http://sandrathenookworm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Again, you got some really amazing books! I have heard a lot of bloggers talk about how rude people are at BEA and it's sad. Not sure how I would handle it but I really hate when stuff like that happens.
    NC
    Truly Bookish

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...